You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you control volume with this iphone app?

How do you control volume while using the iphone app for Apple TV.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 7:15 AM

Hi, pjmk48.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, it sounds like you’re attempting to adjust the volume of your TV using the Apple TV Remote app as outlined here:

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If we’re on the same page, the Apple TV app remote doesn’t support volume control on your television. If I’m mistaken about the question you’re asking, please let me know. I’m happy to help however I can.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2020 7:15 AM in response to pjmk48

Hi, pjmk48.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, it sounds like you’re attempting to adjust the volume of your TV using the Apple TV Remote app as outlined here:

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If we’re on the same page, the Apple TV app remote doesn’t support volume control on your television. If I’m mistaken about the question you’re asking, please let me know. I’m happy to help however I can.

Best Regards.

How do you control volume with this iphone app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.