You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new MacBookPro

I am starting a new job as a visual and video content producer at the Oxford University and I will be travelling every day, from next Monday, from London to Oxford city.

As I have already got a MacPro 6-C tower, yesterday I decided to buy a new MacBook Pro with some specific changes on the ram and processor (technically it is nothing complicated to do, just a simple operation that can be easily done).

I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw that I will have to wait for one entire month to get the new computer.

Today I called the support and although the guy was very nice, the support itself was not useful at all, in fact it was very disappointing.

I explained that I bought the computer for an important purpose, which is my new job starting next week, and he said that I either have to wait or change the order with one of the standard Apple solution in the website.

I could expect such a low and careless service from a little company but definitely not from Apple.

I must think they do not really care about their customers buying such expensive products.

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 4:00 AM

You may have noticed that there are some medical issues in China right now which is where Apple's computers are manufactured. Many companies that depend on Chinese supply lines have been disrupted by the medical crisis going on there. Since many special orders are shipped directly from China I wouldn't be surprised that this is why your order is delayed.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2020 4:00 AM in response to antoninopilade

You may have noticed that there are some medical issues in China right now which is where Apple's computers are manufactured. Many companies that depend on Chinese supply lines have been disrupted by the medical crisis going on there. Since many special orders are shipped directly from China I wouldn't be surprised that this is why your order is delayed.

Feb 12, 2020 5:30 AM in response to dwb

I understand am so sorry about what is happening in China and I really hope that all this will be sorted as soon as possible.

I am sorry too that Apple team has to use this to answer my question.

To add a memory ram and a different processor Apple needs those things to come from China? It’s a service offered on the website and there’s nothing in stock in Europe? It’s quite unbelievable, I’ve spent £3,300 for this computer.

My new MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.