You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save photo's from a backup on pc.

Hello Apple community :)

1 year ago my iPhone 7 drowned in the sea, and is dead now.

I still have a backup of my iPhone stored on my laptop and i want to see and save my pictures from the backup on my laptop, can anybody help me on how to do this?

I dont want to put the backup on an other device because i had some problems with some settings in the backup.

I just want to take all the photos and videos from the backup and store them on my pc.

I already searched around on YouTube and only found videos of people using software, but i don't want to pay for the software just to get my pictures and videos back, is there an other way to do this?

(Sorry if im a little bit unclear :) my English isn't the best. But i hope that you can help me)

Kind regards,

Dani

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 11:20 AM

Files inside a backup are not accessible individually and all you can do with them is to restore them to a new device.

1 reply

Save photo's from a backup on pc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.