You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backup

hi, I have an issue regarding icloud backup. i have xs max with 50GB icloud storage. my current icloud space is 47 GB and I am trying to backup but it always says "you dont have enough space to backup your phone". this is weird becuase I still 3GB available and my phone is connected to power and wifi.

help me please

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 8:03 PM

Check Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Manage Storage>Backups>Your Phone>Next backup size. The size of the next backup may exceed the amount of storage that you have left.

If you are also using iCloud Photos, every photo that you take, decreases your iCloud storage so keep that in mind.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2020 8:03 PM in response to yaya101

Check Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Manage Storage>Backups>Your Phone>Next backup size. The size of the next backup may exceed the amount of storage that you have left.

If you are also using iCloud Photos, every photo that you take, decreases your iCloud storage so keep that in mind.

iCloud Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.