You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 not recording swim workout

My Apple Watch 3 just recently stopped recording any of my swim workout data except for the time. However, the watch is still tracking Move calories during the swim workout. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 2:50 PM

Hi there Harlan,

Thanks for posting about your Apple Watch not tracking workouts exactly how you want. I'd be glad to see how I can assist.

A great place to start would be to restart your Apple Watch and your companion iPhone if you haven't done that yet. Check the links below for info on completing both of those.

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists after that, you might want to unpair and then re-pair your iPhone and Apple Watch. Unpairing your Apple Watch will create a backup of the device on your connected iPhone.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up and pair Apple Watch with iPhone

Let me know how that works for you.

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2020 2:50 PM in response to Harlan1968

Hi there Harlan,

Thanks for posting about your Apple Watch not tracking workouts exactly how you want. I'd be glad to see how I can assist.

A great place to start would be to restart your Apple Watch and your companion iPhone if you haven't done that yet. Check the links below for info on completing both of those.

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists after that, you might want to unpair and then re-pair your iPhone and Apple Watch. Unpairing your Apple Watch will create a backup of the device on your connected iPhone.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up and pair Apple Watch with iPhone

Let me know how that works for you.

Have a great day.

Apple Watch 3 not recording swim workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.