You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got popup message today

Popup message is.

“ReceiverHelper.app” will damage your computer.

on my iMac macOS Catalina

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 8:41 AM

This means that your Mac has identified the program as suspicious or harmful to the system.

If there's an option that says "Move to Trash", click it. There likely is one.

When that's done, check for any suspicious programs in your Applications (Finder>Applications), as you may have installed it accidentally.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2020 8:41 AM in response to PPatel44

This means that your Mac has identified the program as suspicious or harmful to the system.

If there's an option that says "Move to Trash", click it. There likely is one.

When that's done, check for any suspicious programs in your Applications (Finder>Applications), as you may have installed it accidentally.

Mar 3, 2020 4:09 PM in response to PPatel44

I went in a found that app located in a folder on the main hard drive right under the Users folder labeled usr in lower case and greyed out. None of my other Macs have this folder any idea what it is? Also located in this folder is anger app that generates the same notification that PPatel44 was asking about. I'm including a screen shot of the folder tree where the files are located. I added -x to the end of the two files so they would not generate the notification. Any help with where these came from?

I got popup message today

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.