You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete the Mac music app

I want to delete the Mac music app. Its audio playback is of poor quality. Audirvana, Vuze, Roon, and many others are much, much better. It consumes valuable hard drive space on my computer and I want it gone.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 4:18 AM

Why not? I don't use it. I remember in the iTunes app, that Apple for some reason included non-music related system functions in the app that made its deletion impossible, but it drew many, many complaints for that, for reasons similar to my own. Surely it hasn't repeated that error (?).

Related, the Music app, like Itunes before it, has the unfortunate tendency to open if I put on bluetooth headphones even though I'm not using, not intending to use, the app. Very annoying. What is the fix for that?

Thank you very much!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2020 4:18 AM in response to dialabrain

Why not? I don't use it. I remember in the iTunes app, that Apple for some reason included non-music related system functions in the app that made its deletion impossible, but it drew many, many complaints for that, for reasons similar to my own. Surely it hasn't repeated that error (?).

Related, the Music app, like Itunes before it, has the unfortunate tendency to open if I put on bluetooth headphones even though I'm not using, not intending to use, the app. Very annoying. What is the fix for that?

Thank you very much!

Feb 27, 2020 4:31 AM in response to Deletemacmusicapp

Deletemacmusicapp wrote:

Why not?

This is a users forum. We can't answer questions about why Apple does or doesn't do something.

I don't use Bluetooth headphones so I can't answer that.

Thank you very much!

Welcome.

I want to delete the Mac music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.