You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mdm key

How to know the mdm key of a MacBook Pro which is under activation lock and which is not being able to access

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 7:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 8:13 AM

Hi bhargav160,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you have a MacBook Pro with the Activation Lock enabled under a Mobile Device Management (MDM), and you'd like to reactivate or use the device again. I can help provide you additional information.

With a MacBook Pro under the Mobile Device Management (MDM), you can use the Activation Lock bypass code, if the user cannot authenticate the Apple ID account. Here's a helpful article with additional details: Activation Lock settings with Profile Manager on Mac Specifically the section that says, "Use Activation Lock bypass code."

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2020 8:13 AM in response to Community User

Hi bhargav160,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you have a MacBook Pro with the Activation Lock enabled under a Mobile Device Management (MDM), and you'd like to reactivate or use the device again. I can help provide you additional information.

With a MacBook Pro under the Mobile Device Management (MDM), you can use the Activation Lock bypass code, if the user cannot authenticate the Apple ID account. Here's a helpful article with additional details: Activation Lock settings with Profile Manager on Mac Specifically the section that says, "Use Activation Lock bypass code."

Kind regards.

Mdm key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.