You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play a song thru iTunes because it keeps skipping thru the song. (Apple music)

I can't play a single song because iTunes just keeps skipping thru the song. At first I relogged after that I tried reinstalling it and none of those methods did work. The problem started today, 25-3-2020. Here is an gif image of my problem.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 5:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 12:09 AM

I just got an update through the Microsoft Store and the problem has been fixed! Interestingly, the version shown in iTunes remained 12.10.5.12, but the version displayed in the Microsoft Store has been updated to 12105.12.48001.0. Now everything works again properly!

8 replies

Mar 25, 2020 10:31 AM in response to Maxvrstg

I have the same problem. I installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store a few months ago and never had problems before. I'm using Windows 10 1909. After not being able to listen to music today, I tried repairing it, resetting the app, and completely uninstalling and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. I'm not sure if it has something to do with that, but yesterday evening (Central European Time) an update for iTunes was released (at least for the Windows Store version). However, I can't confirm that it has something to do with our issue - I only listened to music again today, so it may be completely unrelated (or not).

I'm also surprised that almost no one seems to report this problem. Are we the only ones having it?

Mar 25, 2020 12:30 PM in response to Daniel0330

Daniel0330 wrote:

which version of itunes do you have? I don't see any updates needing on my itunes and it keeps skipping songs. It worked fine last night but started doing this today

Version 12.10.5.12, which is the latest available one through the Microsoft Store. I don't know if you get another version if you download it directly from Apple's website, or if that one doesn't have the bug. I only tested the one from the Microsoft Store.

Can't play a song thru iTunes because it keeps skipping thru the song. (Apple music)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.