You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My microphone isn't working on FaceTime with my iPhone 6s

My microphone isnt working on facetime with my iphone 6s - I can hear the person I facetime but they can not her me. When I look in my settings, privacy, microphone it is not listed as having requested access how do I correct this. my setting in privacy microphone are Facebook on; Messenger on: NHS App on: WhatsApp on. but no mention of Facetime - how do I connect Facetime to the microphone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, 13

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 7:47 PM

Hello Briant57,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand the microphone is not working in the FaceTime app. I'll do what I can to help.

FaceTime will not appear in the Privacy section as it is a system level app that has access to the microphone.

Work through all the steps here for the microphone: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2020 7:47 PM in response to Briant57

Hello Briant57,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand the microphone is not working in the FaceTime app. I'll do what I can to help.

FaceTime will not appear in the Privacy section as it is a system level app that has access to the microphone.

Work through all the steps here for the microphone: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Kind regards.

My microphone isn't working on FaceTime with my iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.