You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset an apple device that was not mine, and I cant reach the previous owner?

I have an older model Ipad mini, and it still has the previous owners info in it, but I cant reach them. what can I do to reset it?

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 9:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:00 PM

Nothing.

You have an iPad with user Activation Lock on it.

Activation Lock is an anti-theft, personal data privacy protection feature that cannot be worked around or circumvented WITHOUT the aide of the previous owner of the Apple mobile device.

That iPad is s dead, useless device to you, as is.

We cannot help you and Apple will not help you, either.

Sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2020 10:00 PM in response to mk0920

Nothing.

You have an iPad with user Activation Lock on it.

Activation Lock is an anti-theft, personal data privacy protection feature that cannot be worked around or circumvented WITHOUT the aide of the previous owner of the Apple mobile device.

That iPad is s dead, useless device to you, as is.

We cannot help you and Apple will not help you, either.

Sorry.

How to reset an apple device that was not mine, and I cant reach the previous owner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.