You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with log input

I am working with log footage from Olympus OMD EM1. I have used a LUT suppled by Olympus to use and I can get pretty good results with both the standard rec 709 and the wide gamut 2020 color spaces.

FCP doesn't apply the LUT as it would from some other brands but I imported the LUT and can add it with the inspector after import.

My desire to to be able to output 4k and 1080p movies. My question is what should my workflow be. Not sure which color space to use and how to edit and color grade then output both 4K and 1080p. My editor is a 2019 MB retina.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 3:13 PM

It all depends on what you want to deliver. Do you want to deliver HDR? If yes, than work in that color space, if not work in 709. I'd do everything in 4K for 4K output. Once you've done 4K, all you need to do is export to 4K and then export in 1080 for HD delivery.

Similar questions

2 replies

Working with log input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.