You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I determine the size of a video I want to forword in Apple Mail

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 4:42 AM

You will have to save the video attachment to your local drive by right/control-clicking on it to either Save Attachment… or Save to Downloads folder. Then, you can do the following to gauge size and duration.

Click on the video in the Finder and press command+i to Get Info. The size of the video is reported under General, and the duration is reported in the More info section.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2020 4:42 AM in response to lugnuts2014

You will have to save the video attachment to your local drive by right/control-clicking on it to either Save Attachment… or Save to Downloads folder. Then, you can do the following to gauge size and duration.

Click on the video in the Finder and press command+i to Get Info. The size of the video is reported under General, and the duration is reported in the More info section.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.