You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked iPad

I have had me iPad for many years now. It was a Christmas gift around 6 years ago, a couple years back my younger brother was playing around with my iPhone and selected my iPad was stolen.For years it has been locked due to this. I cannot remember the Apple ID password due to it being years old I have created a new one, the email address is also very old. The only way I can prove it Is mine is by the name on the email. I have asked my mum if she has any proof of purchase however due to it being years old she does not have this.

Any advice or support you can give me on this would be very good as I would love to be able to use it again and access my old photo's.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Courtney Clark.

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:43 AM

If you can remember the email address you used to set up the iPad when it was new, you can get the password reset. You need to know the email address you used then and it doesn't matter if that email address is still an active email address or not. It's the Apple ID and that doesn't need to be changed.

See this link --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2020 8:43 AM in response to CourtneyClark0405

If you can remember the email address you used to set up the iPad when it was new, you can get the password reset. You need to know the email address you used then and it doesn't matter if that email address is still an active email address or not. It's the Apple ID and that doesn't need to be changed.

See this link --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Locked iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.