You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image import storage issue

Hi,

I’m having issues importing a larger selection of images from my camera to my iPad 6th gen. The issue is not effected if I use the SD card reader or usb connected to a camera.

If I select more than around 20 raw images the iPad says I don’t have enough space even though it says in settings that I use less than half of the 128 GB.

If I import images in sets of 20 images at a time I can do this for a total of hundreds of pictures even if the iPad doesn’t have any time to offload to iCloud, so obviously the storage isn’t full.

I don’t remember this being an issue during my first year with the iPad and it is now consistent since a year back through several iOS updates.

Any ideas of what I can do about this very annoying issue?

Btw, the same issue completely blocks me from importing longer video sequences.

thanks

/Carl

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Hello,

Try updating to iPadOS 13.4.1 to see if it resolves your problem.

Settings > General > Software Update

Similar questions

2 replies

Image import storage issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.