You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI

Catalina 10.15.4 WIFI continuously drops off and loses IP address - will not stay connected.

The network preferences allows for restarting wifi and will sometimes fix issue, but most times a reboot is required multiple times a day. What did Apple do to institute this bug and will the software be updated to fix?

Otherwise, Can I roll back to el capitain or High Sierra latest version and not lose items/work since then?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:54 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 24, 2020 8:05 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Already tried this multiple times... Airbook on High Sierra and does not drop. Definitely a S/W issue, not hardware, and I am not set up close enough for a Ethernet cable. Catalina S/W update to fix bugs obviously created a software DR to be fixed - hopefully in the next drop. In the interim, I have tried multiple work-arounds (noteably from the internet searches) but none are a permanent fix and provide little to no relief - especially since this is required for the work at home scenarion now being required.

WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.