You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Artwork - Cant Delete

Im having some issues and as I have now just upgraded from MacOS 10.13: High Sierra to the new MacOS 10.15: Catalina and im finding the new layout of iTunes and photos strange as for the past 10 years I have been using the much older versions.

The problem im having is with my playlists on iTunes with album artwork.

When I was using the old iTunes and putting stuff into my playlists I could go into "Get Info" and rename the track, Put the Year, Genre, Artist, Album and any other info I wanted.

Now if I add a track / song to my playlist I can not delete the album work that comes with the track where as before I could.

I have not seen anything online about this or how to do it and its now becoming a PITA.

I have clicked, Doubled clicked, two finger clicked and even plugged a mouse into my MacBook to try that but it does not give me the delete option like it did before.

When I do click on it there is a grey box that highlights round the artwork as seen in the picture below.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 12:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 5:40 AM

Try highlighting the artwork (grey border) and then pressing backspace on the keyboard. You can also try with the small thumbnail at the top left.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Album Artwork - Cant Delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.