You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record Screen

Why am I seeing this when I long press the record button in Control Panel in the home screen on my iPhone 11? It can’t be turned off and this feature isn’t mentioned in the Apple Guideance

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:54 AM

Cr21h ~ The reason Photos & Messenger appear is so that you can choose where the screen recording file is sent. If you were to delete Messenger app, you would not see Photos or Messenger appear because there would be no choice of app to be made – and the screen recording would go to Photos app by default. I have a third party app called Picsew and since installing it I see this:

...That's fine with me, but if you would still like the ability to turn the feature off and comment on Apple's poor documentation for iPhone, use this form.

õ¿õ¬

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2020 3:54 AM in response to Cr21h

Cr21h ~ The reason Photos & Messenger appear is so that you can choose where the screen recording file is sent. If you were to delete Messenger app, you would not see Photos or Messenger appear because there would be no choice of app to be made – and the screen recording would go to Photos app by default. I have a third party app called Picsew and since installing it I see this:

...That's fine with me, but if you would still like the ability to turn the feature off and comment on Apple's poor documentation for iPhone, use this form.

õ¿õ¬

Record Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.