You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson V500 Scanner

I upgraded to Catalina on my iMac a while ago. I remember having problems with my scanner once I upgraded (the epson software no longer worked). I read that epson/apple were working together on getting their products to work again. Now I see on then epson website that their products DO work with Catalina now, but I am unclear on how to do that. I looked up my scanner and downloaded what was there and it doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:46 AM

According to this Epson site support only goes up to Mojave:

Give VueScan a try. It supports nearly every scanner every offered and is more versatile and powerful that any of the software that came with my Canon or Epson scanners. There's a demo version you can try before purchasing.

Similar questions

2 replies

Epson V500 Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.