You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create space between icons on home page.

How can I create a space between icons on my home page?

I found answers on Google but they sound too much like hacking my phone. Is there a safe way to create a blank icon or a space holder?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 12:54 PM

Thanks to you, Lawrence, and again to Chris. I did submit feedback to Apple.

I found a temporary work-around. I changed the background for the home screen of my iPhone to static black. I created a transparent logo for an inactive website I own and I saved the home page URL as a bookmark to my iPhone's home screen. I renamed the URL as just a dot ( . ) . I made a bookmark for each space that I wanted. I have SO MANY apps and my iPhone screens are now nicely organized and much easier to navigate. I will insert a couple of screenshots.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2020 12:54 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks to you, Lawrence, and again to Chris. I did submit feedback to Apple.

I found a temporary work-around. I changed the background for the home screen of my iPhone to static black. I created a transparent logo for an inactive website I own and I saved the home page URL as a bookmark to my iPhone's home screen. I renamed the URL as just a dot ( . ) . I made a bookmark for each space that I wanted. I have SO MANY apps and my iPhone screens are now nicely organized and much easier to navigate. I will insert a couple of screenshots.

Create space between icons on home page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.