You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn off picture in picture on apple TV ?

How to turn off picture in picture on apple TV+?

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 8:31 AM

This is probably one of the most annoying features of Apple TV now. (Apart from the remote) Trying to skip forward without getting the picture in picture activated. I have to use my iphone as a remote to stop this happening.

There really should be a function to disable that feature. This is plain old bad design.

Can I ask why would you want picture in picture when trying to jump 10seconds or scrub around? Who on earth came up with this.

Cheers James

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2020 8:31 AM in response to murphyny2

This is probably one of the most annoying features of Apple TV now. (Apart from the remote) Trying to skip forward without getting the picture in picture activated. I have to use my iphone as a remote to stop this happening.

There really should be a function to disable that feature. This is plain old bad design.

Can I ask why would you want picture in picture when trying to jump 10seconds or scrub around? Who on earth came up with this.

Cheers James

Jun 6, 2020 8:35 AM in response to James Miller.

When you bring up the timeline you are simply seeing the icon to invoke picture in picture, and not the feature itself. In order to invoke it one has to swipe up and press down on the remote's touchpad, and during all testing I have never accidentally done so.

However, if you are intent on having an option to remove the icon completely then you can give feedback to Apple. This is a user forum.

Product Feedback - Apple

how to turn off picture in picture on apple TV ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.