You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of iPad2 - Don't Remember Old Apple ID Information

10 years ago I received an iPad2 as a reward from the company I worked for. I no longer work there, but the iPad is mine to keep. It did not belong to the company. When I left the company I changed my Apple ID to match an email address that I control, because the Apple ID I used to set up the iPad was a company email address. I know my current Apple ID and password.

For some reason that I do not understand, today my iPad restarted itself and went into Application Lock mode. I am unable unlock it using my current Apple ID and Password, or with my old Apple ID and current password. I also am unable to contact Apple Support because there is no way for me get the serial number from within the iPad or from iTunes due to the lock.

How do I work around this? I did not steal the iPad. It is mine. It had no previous owner. When I received it, it was brand new.

Thank you.

iPad 2

Posted on May 3, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 10:15 AM

Is the serial number on the back of the iPad?

Serial number – Find of your Apple product

Similar questions

4 replies

May 3, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you. I was able to find the serial number and get through to Apple Support on the phone. However, the person at Apple Support could not help me solve my problem since I no longer have proof of purchase of the iPad 2. It appears that my old Apple ID had been deleted.

I am now led to believe that the iPad I own (which was always mine and never owned by anyone before me) is completely useless.

Locked out of iPad2 - Don't Remember Old Apple ID Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.