You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick share to recent contacts not working

On my iPhone, quick sharing to recent Messages contacts in the iOS 13 share sheet does not work. This happens when sharing from any app (Photos, Safari, etc.). When I tap on the contact in the share sheet, nothing happens. This has been happening for several weeks. I just updated to iOS 13.4.1 but I have the same problem. This previous post might have been on the same issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250992884

Is this a known issue? Is there something I can reset to get this working again, short of deleting all my messages? Thanks!

iPhone XR

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 2:55 PM

I figured out a solution for my problem. In the horizontal list of apps in the share sheet, if you scroll all the way to the right you can tap "More...". That brings up a list of apps, and if you tap "Edit" in the top right you can edit your favorites. I found that quick sharing to recent Messages contacts only works if Messages is in the Favorites section. If you remove Messages from Favorites, the quick share shortcuts still appear in the share sheet, but tapping on them does nothing. Hope this is helpful to someone else.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2020 2:55 PM in response to msridhar23

I figured out a solution for my problem. In the horizontal list of apps in the share sheet, if you scroll all the way to the right you can tap "More...". That brings up a list of apps, and if you tap "Edit" in the top right you can edit your favorites. I found that quick sharing to recent Messages contacts only works if Messages is in the Favorites section. If you remove Messages from Favorites, the quick share shortcuts still appear in the share sheet, but tapping on them does nothing. Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Quick share to recent contacts not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.