You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I update my iPad 2018 to ios13

Should I update my 2018 iPad 6th generation to the latest iPad os 13 or should I stay with the existing one. I heard iOS 13 has a battery drain issue so wanna know whether I should do it and is even worth the risk with regard to new features ? Please help. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 3:47 PM

Okay let's get some facts out there, as it seems some of our regular contributors here are not aware of the battery drain issues on iOS/iPadOS 13.4.1 on both iPads AND iPhones.

There is a serious battery drain issue with the latest iOS/iPadOS 13.4.1.

There is also a serious issue with a possible iPad persistent boot loop issue with some iPad models that upgraded to iPadOS 13.4.1.

Some iPads that upgraded to iPadOS 13.4.1 have encountered a never ending boot/re-boot loop that their iPad models cannot recover from.

Apple has no solution and is only offering in-warranty/out-of-warranty iPad replacements for this issue.

MANY IRATE iPad users concerning this constant and perpetual boot loop bug/dilemma.

There is NO fix forthcoming with the boot loop issue or battery drain issues, currently.

Another possible iPad issue is with the Safari Web browser crashing issues with some Websites that started with iPadOS 13.4.

I recommend you just sit tight with your iPad still running with iOS 12, until Apple releases the very final version of iPadOS 13

OR

Just wait it out until Fall 2020 for iPadOS 14 as iPadOS 14 is going to be a complete features fix/bugs fix release of iPadOS.

Best of Luck to You!

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2020 3:47 PM in response to GGMU_aT

Okay let's get some facts out there, as it seems some of our regular contributors here are not aware of the battery drain issues on iOS/iPadOS 13.4.1 on both iPads AND iPhones.

There is a serious battery drain issue with the latest iOS/iPadOS 13.4.1.

There is also a serious issue with a possible iPad persistent boot loop issue with some iPad models that upgraded to iPadOS 13.4.1.

Some iPads that upgraded to iPadOS 13.4.1 have encountered a never ending boot/re-boot loop that their iPad models cannot recover from.

Apple has no solution and is only offering in-warranty/out-of-warranty iPad replacements for this issue.

MANY IRATE iPad users concerning this constant and perpetual boot loop bug/dilemma.

There is NO fix forthcoming with the boot loop issue or battery drain issues, currently.

Another possible iPad issue is with the Safari Web browser crashing issues with some Websites that started with iPadOS 13.4.

I recommend you just sit tight with your iPad still running with iOS 12, until Apple releases the very final version of iPadOS 13

OR

Just wait it out until Fall 2020 for iPadOS 14 as iPadOS 14 is going to be a complete features fix/bugs fix release of iPadOS.

Best of Luck to You!

Should I update my iPad 2018 to ios13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.