You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages, jump to the last page, how?

If I open a document in pages, how can i jump to te last page?

I dont want to scroll al the hundred of pages before all the time.

I work on a windows laptop.

Thank you so much,

Liesbeth

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 17, 2020 2:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 7:25 AM

If you are using an Apple full-size keyboard, then use the End key, otherwise fn+right-arrow gets you to the end of the document without changing the insertion location. To get to the document top, it is the home button, or fn + left-arrow.

To go to a specific page number, press control+command+g. A sheet will descend from the Toolbar where you enter the target page number. This is based on the total number of pages in the document, not necessarily the number that you have assigned to a particular page.

See the Pages Help menu for other Keyboard Shortcuts. This answer based on Pages 10.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2020 7:25 AM in response to liesbeth256

If you are using an Apple full-size keyboard, then use the End key, otherwise fn+right-arrow gets you to the end of the document without changing the insertion location. To get to the document top, it is the home button, or fn + left-arrow.

To go to a specific page number, press control+command+g. A sheet will descend from the Toolbar where you enter the target page number. This is based on the total number of pages in the document, not necessarily the number that you have assigned to a particular page.

See the Pages Help menu for other Keyboard Shortcuts. This answer based on Pages 10.

May 17, 2020 3:22 AM in response to liesbeth256

Two possible methods to speed the move:

1. Show the page thumbnails in the left sidebar. Scroll through those to the last page. Click on the thumbnail to show that page.
  2. Enter a distinct string of three letters ( eg. qqq ) on the last page. Set the text colour of these letters to white if you want to hide them. Starting on any page of the document, press command-F to open Find-Replace, type qqq in the Find box, and click Find Next to jump directly to the only occurrence of that three letter set in the document.
  3. If this has not been changed in the current version of Pages, and is present in Pages for iCloud (which I assume you are using, as Pages for Mac won't run in Windows), Pages should open to the same state as it was when last closed. If it doesn't, check for a Pages Preferences setting to have it do that.

Regards,

Barry

pages, jump to the last page, how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.