You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who do I report a security glitch to. The security glitch allows a user to bypass biometric locks by swiping from the corner, turning off 3 things near airplane, and turning on airplane; then hit calculator and swipe up.

Swiping down from right corner when phone is locked brings a screen with four buttons in a box that includes an airplane. If you turn off the three, turn on airplane mode, turn the screen light up, hit calculator, and swipe up after calculator is on, you bypass biometric security and have full access to the phone.

Who do I report this to?

how do I stop it?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 10:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 10:45 PM

Hello Basil,

Note that if you are the user of the iPhone and it has your Face ID setup then the phone will unlock before you even start your indicated procedure. I had to hand my iPhone to someone else to test your theory and it did NOT work. I could not duplicate it. You may, however, present your report to ➔ Apple Product Feedback directly. Thanks.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2020 10:45 PM in response to basil23

Hello Basil,

Note that if you are the user of the iPhone and it has your Face ID setup then the phone will unlock before you even start your indicated procedure. I had to hand my iPhone to someone else to test your theory and it did NOT work. I could not duplicate it. You may, however, present your report to ➔ Apple Product Feedback directly. Thanks.

Axel F.

Who do I report a security glitch to. The security glitch allows a user to bypass biometric locks by swiping from the corner, turning off 3 things near airplane, and turning on airplane; then hit calculator and swipe up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.