You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 Mac Book Air- Mojave- email gremlin

Lately, When I m answering a email or sending a new one; I get "Cannot connect to Server". I have mail thru MSN. I will check on line on MSN and all is working.

I check connection doctors and have all green lights.

Then, the caution icons on mail program disappear and mail is working fine. Maybe a few minutes later, the same thing happens. I also can see the issue on my iPad too. then I fool around with program and it works again. I cannot upgrade to Catalina as I sometimes work in Microsoft Exceptionalities and word which. are not compatible with Catalina.

Been on with Senior tech support and thought we fixed issue but it's back today.

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 5:26 PM

The fact the problem occurs on your iPad also would suggest the cause lies outside either one. That means your router, its wireless network environment, or your ISP are at fault. Sometimes, one's ability to connect to the Internet just goes down for short periods of time too. You would need to ask your ISP if they have anything to suggest, but make it clear to them the problem is not isolated to your Mac because other devices are being affected too.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2020 5:26 PM in response to 2hennypenny

The fact the problem occurs on your iPad also would suggest the cause lies outside either one. That means your router, its wireless network environment, or your ISP are at fault. Sometimes, one's ability to connect to the Internet just goes down for short periods of time too. You would need to ask your ISP if they have anything to suggest, but make it clear to them the problem is not isolated to your Mac because other devices are being affected too.

2020 Mac Book Air- Mojave- email gremlin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.