You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina

I just updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina. I know all apps have to be 64 bit in order to work. I downloaded Epson's latest drivers for my Perfection V500 Photo scanner which is suppose to be 64 bit and I can't get the scanner to work. Before Catalina I had the scanner plugged into a hub and it worked fine. I saw on Epson support page that the scanner might not work with a hub now so now it's connected to the computer through an Apple converter USB to firewire and still doesn't work. I've shut down and restarted both the computer and scanner. Nothing I've tried seems to work!

Any help or suggestions.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 2:15 PM

Image Capture usually can see scanners, if the scanner does not show up with the Printer in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Print and Scan. Look in your Applications folder for Image Capture.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.