You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem making a duplicate photo in iMac photos

I want to make duplicates of a few photos in apple photos on an iMac. Some duplicate with no problem but a few will not allow me to make a duplicate. Any help appreciated.

Catalina 10.15.5

Photos Version 5.0 (141.19.150)

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:25 AM

This worked for me the other day, with a similar 'unable to duplicate problem':

In fact, I've fixed them by a very simple process of removing the editing and reverting to the original. This works even when I go in to edit an affected photo, click 'Revert to Original', immediately re-edit, then click 'Done'. The resulting photo can be duplicated.

Presumably there was something in the original editing that corrupted the photos, although I can't think that I did anything differently to these compared to all the others.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2020 10:25 AM in response to melovelo

This worked for me the other day, with a similar 'unable to duplicate problem':

In fact, I've fixed them by a very simple process of removing the editing and reverting to the original. This works even when I go in to edit an affected photo, click 'Revert to Original', immediately re-edit, then click 'Done'. The resulting photo can be duplicated.

Presumably there was something in the original editing that corrupted the photos, although I can't think that I did anything differently to these compared to all the others.

Problem making a duplicate photo in iMac photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.