You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod won’t plat several of my newer playlist. HomePod has played my Apple Music playlists for 7 months now without problems. Now when I add a new playlist it will not play it.

Why will my HomePod not play my newer added playlists. I have used Apple Music for 7 months now without issues. I can still play my older playlists, but when I add a new playlist my HomePod will not play it. Siri says she can not play the playlist at this time.

HomePod, 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:19 PM

Hello,

You may need to restore your HomePod to factory settings.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 10, 2020 5:29 PM in response to BarbH8

You post created some curiosity on my part so I just set-up a new playlist to give it a whirl. Well, like you I can play older ones by asking Siri just fine, but not the new one. I will give a try again in a day or two to see if it's a sync issue. FWIW, I can direct the new playlist to the HomePods from iTunes on my iMac without issue.

Jun 10, 2020 7:42 PM in response to AZDreamer

Thanks for your reply. Three playlist that I made on Sunday would not play until today (Wednesday). I’m hope they will play tomorrow. So a slow sync issue could be the problem. I made a couple of new playlist today which will not play. It will be interesting to see if they will Start to play in a few days. So many people have suggested I reset my homepod, but I would hate to take a chance on that not fixing my problem and maybe causing another problem. So my hope is that Apple finds a fix and send out another HomePod update to take care of it soon.

My HomePod won’t plat several of my newer playlist. HomePod has played my Apple Music playlists for 7 months now without problems. Now when I add a new playlist it will not play it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.