You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a LaCie Mobile Drive to a MacBook Pro

This is a new external drive. There is no disk image on the screen when it is plugged into the MacBook?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 8:08 AM

Hello pgreeen9090,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you are unable to see your external drive on your computer. I can certainly help you with this!

I would attempt to see if you can 'repair' the drive through disk utility.

Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2020 8:08 AM in response to pgreeen9090

Hello pgreeen9090,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you are unable to see your external drive on your computer. I can certainly help you with this!

I would attempt to see if you can 'repair' the drive through disk utility.

Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Connecting a LaCie Mobile Drive to a MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.