You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Required (Payment info) For Free Apps on ipad

Hi, When I try to download a free app it tells me "Verification Required" and it tries makes me put payment info in. I have tried everything that ive seen on google or on here. I switched accounts, restarted my ipad, and I tried setting the payment thing as "None" But there is no none option when I go on it. I have even tried on the website, I set it to none then restarted my ipad but it still asks for it. What do I do? I even entered payment info once and STILL didnt work. Anyways thanks for reading, please reply asap cause I really need an app for personal reasons. Its 4am and im tired so t h a n k s

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 2:14 AM

Perhaps the best solution would be for your Mom (or other adult with a credit card) to set-up Family Sharing - where they can use their own AppleID account to manage App Purchases. Apps, Subscriptions and other services can be selectively shared between Family members.

Show your Parents this information - about how to set-up Family Sharing - and they will be able to remain in control without giving you their Credit Card. 🙂

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Family Sharing is designed to provide a good, proportionate, solution to challenges such as yours.

I hope that both you and you parents find this information to be helpful in solving the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2020 2:14 AM in response to isthatkaden

Perhaps the best solution would be for your Mom (or other adult with a credit card) to set-up Family Sharing - where they can use their own AppleID account to manage App Purchases. Apps, Subscriptions and other services can be selectively shared between Family members.

Show your Parents this information - about how to set-up Family Sharing - and they will be able to remain in control without giving you their Credit Card. 🙂

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Family Sharing is designed to provide a good, proportionate, solution to challenges such as yours.

I hope that both you and you parents find this information to be helpful in solving the problem.

Jun 23, 2020 1:58 AM in response to LotusPilot

I went on there and it says none, Im still having the same issue though, and im 11 so I dont have a credit card or anything, my parents wont let me use theirs either. if thats what you meant. my mom told me to post it on here cause she didnt know what to do, and cause she didnt want to take a risk by putting her info in. i already had info on the ipad but deleted it cause i thought that would fix the problem

Verification Required (Payment info) For Free Apps on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.