You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages users will loose out without the engaging interactive widgets that we could use in iBooks Author

Moving from iBooks Author to Pages is all very well, but Pages does not support interactive widgets from Bookwidgets and Bookry. I thought that Apple had a commitment to education! How does Apple propose to allow us to incorporate interactive learning into our Apple books?

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 10:17 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 12, 2020 7:38 AM in response to educationforall

I think it's even worse than that. I have done exactly what Apple is asking us to do and created a book in Pages on my Mac, exporting it to ePub and dropping it into Books on my Mac. Everything shows fine in the Mac Pages file and the Mac Books ePub version.

My normal workflow is to transfer my books (in the past using Preview form IBA) to my iPad so that I can check everything works and shows as it should. Now the weird bit.

Mac /Pages file - photo galleries and videos show fine

Mac / Books ePub file - everything is present

iPad synched to transfer ePub to Books on iPad - some complete galleries, parts f galleries and videos missing

So even without the interactive content IBA allowed, not even photo galleries and 20 second video clips can be reliable displayed!

Pages users will loose out without the engaging interactive widgets that we could use in iBooks Author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.