You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What printers are compatible with Mac Air 2020?

I just purchased a brand new 13" Air 2020. I would like to know which printers work reliably with this computer. I have an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M479fdw. Sometimes it works on Airprint, but sometimes not. The printer seldom works on any other configuration. I typically try to print from Office (especially Word) and that is the most frustrating connection. The printer is slightly more reliable on Preview and through Chrome. However, I am less interested in trying to fix the connection with this HP and more interested in a replacement printer. Thank you especially for recommendations of printers to consider buying and recommendations of printers to avoid.

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 8:04 PM

I have been specifying Brother printers and multifunction devices for about a decade now. No complaints. Choose one from this list: About AirPrint - Apple Support.

I gave up on HP a while ago. Never again.

3 replies

Jun 25, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Hoosier2020air

Brother printers are reliable but if you intend to use it wirelessly be prepared for headaches. They aren’t the easiest to set up and if you loose power chances are good that you’ll have to set it up again. After 8 years of ownership, this spring we lost power for 12 hours and then next morning for another couple - right after I’d set up wireless printing again. Yep - settings lots. Couple weeks later another power outage. Bought a Canon. The Canon wireless print setup is a breeze.

What printers are compatible with Mac Air 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.