You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to remove a payment method because family organizer requires one payment on file.

I am unable to remove a payment method because family organizer requires one payment on file.

This payment method is an old credit card. My new credit card is in my wallet. I am able to use this new card for new apps. I am trying to buy coins from words with friends and keep getting a bad credit card report. My settings on my iphoe6 keeps telling me to update payment info. I sign in to itunes apple store and am told my old card failed. When I try to edit to a new card the credit card number line won't let me enter any numbers. When I try to remove payment method I get the first sentence above

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 12:41 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 25, 2020 3:00 PM in response to FrancisTheGreat

Yes it does. This appears to be a singular event with "Word With Friends" app. I can download apps with apple Itunes on my new credit card. Trying my apple account with the same password for words with friends always end up with payment method declined tap to update your payment information. When I do that I get an iphone screen labeled PAYMENT METHODS that tells me my old credit card failed. I then get directed to a screen that tells me to enter another payment method but doesn't allow me to enter a new credit card number. On the bottom of this screen is REMOVE PAYMENT METHOD. Hitting that tells me my old credit card will be removed. I then get a message " Unable to remove Family organizer requires at least one payment on file" and leaves me there. I was able to create a new payment method (my new credit card) in my "Wallet" and make the new card my primary payment. My Settings icon has a continuous red circled 1 that won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.