You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to share there was an error while preparing to share

I have an iPhone XR 64GB currently I have 39 GB of free space

iOS 13.5

iClooud serice 200 GB (198 GB of free space)

I have less than 100 pictures in my cameral roll. Half of those pictures are wallpapers for my iPhone, whenever I want a new wallpaper I select one click share set as wallpaper and it used to work like a charm. But starting today I've been unable to do it as every single time I select a photo and want to use it as wallpaper I get a pop up message that says: unable to share there was an error while preparing to share

I search on Google and I have tried multiple "solutions" turning off and on iCloud photos, deactivating reduce motion, reset network, rebooting the devicde, turning it off and on, everything. But nothing works and I keep getting the message again and again.

Even if I try choosing a photo and sending through whatsapp, or Airdrop, or any other messaging app I get the same message.

This is really frustrating, is any REAL solution for this?

I don't want to factory reset my device as I don't want to be forced to upgrade to 13.5.1 and I don't want to even try iOS 14 yet.

Please share a solution with me. I will be forever grateful.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 1:40 AM

Do you see something like this as shown below?

You may, please, sign out of the iCloud completely and you sign right back in and it will work.

If not...

Check your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

Because AirDrop, WhatsApp, Sharing, iCloud Photos everything needs internet.

If nothing works last resort is store all your Original Photos on your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Choose Download and Keep Originals.
  4. Watch the GIF below

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2020 1:40 AM in response to jorgefromalbany

Do you see something like this as shown below?

You may, please, sign out of the iCloud completely and you sign right back in and it will work.

If not...

Check your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

Because AirDrop, WhatsApp, Sharing, iCloud Photos everything needs internet.

If nothing works last resort is store all your Original Photos on your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Choose Download and Keep Originals.
  4. Watch the GIF below

unable to share there was an error while preparing to share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.