You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable."

I have an older iPad 2 that I am trying to get setup after it has been erased. When I connect it to iTunes after a period of time, I get an error message:

"Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPad to iTunes to active it, or try again in a couple of minutes." If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support."

I have been trying, unsuccessfully all day to get it setup.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Belinda

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 8:35 AM

Apple service health is available at https://www.apple.com/in/support/systemstatus/ In case you’re still stuck with activation try a re-setup as new iPad once again and see if your wifi network password has been punched in as correct.

Similar questions

4 replies

"Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.