You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Endless HomePod Problems

I’ve had all of the following problems with a brand new HomePod:

1. HomePod can’t perform personal services, every time it tells me to turn on location sharing on my device ( it’s already on and set to primary)
  2. mutli user broken: cannot identify my voice. This works fine on every other device, it’s only HomePod which can’t do this. Also cannot identify anyone else as listed in the home app.
  3. Cannot act as hands free phone. Green light shows up for about 10 seconds until the call fails every time.
  4. Tapping phone to HomePod to transfer audio has never worked once.
  5. it cannot control my philips hue lights, but they work fine in the home app.

About to just send it back to Apple as it’s basically useless at this point...

HomePod, 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:44 PM

Have you updated the software on HomePod and the iOS device you used to set it up?

otherwise you need to reset homepod

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 7, 2020 3:32 PM in response to Vancouver22

Yes and Yes. Including resets,

Multiple times. Same problems...

im wondering if there is weird going on with my iCloud profile or router...but rebooting router did nothing.

other features work fine...music, weather, news...etc etc...

the home app is also funky as every time I reset everything it keeps offering me two home hubs to select (shouldn’t there be zero at that point after resetting everything?)

Jul 7, 2020 5:54 PM in response to Dmm219

You really can’t “select” which Hubs to use, one will be connected others are on standby. They switch around all the time.

For number on on your list try toggling location services off then back on, on your iOS device - it occasionally does this to me, then 5 minutes later it works again. I usually try resolve these issue by unplugging HomePod for a few seconds then plug back in. Or rebooting the router. It will also respond with this if your device is in airplane mode or the wifi is off on that - you can try resetting network settings on your device in settings- general-reset. Bluetooth always needs to remain on.

Occasionally HomePod can disconnect from wifi, if only for a split second this is enough to cause issues because it does it at the very moment you ask it something!

HomePod is not good with wifi that uses Dual Bands.

Endless HomePod Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.