You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless mighty mouse are the batteries rechargeable?

I bought an 2017 5k IMAC on eBay and it came with a Wireless Mighty Mouse ?

In the Box

• iMac with Retina 5K display
  • Magic Keyboard 2nd Generation 
  • Wireless Mighty Mouse?
  • Power cord
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • The batteries are low ,what i want to know is are these Panasonic industrial Extra Heavy Duty .Not rot retail trade.Rechargeable?I do not know if they are the batteries Apple sold it with.I don,t want to put them in a charger if they are not.

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:51 AM

Look at the bottom of the Magic Mouse. If it is the older, discontinued Magic Mouse 1, it will have a battery compartment door. If it is a Magic Mouse 2, it is rechargeable, and you use the Lightning to USBA cable to charge it from the iMac, or an Apple charger that takes a USBA cable. The latter is how I recharge my Magic Mouse 2 overnight, though it only need a couple of hours to fully recharge.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2020 7:51 AM in response to Blues-breaker

Look at the bottom of the Magic Mouse. If it is the older, discontinued Magic Mouse 1, it will have a battery compartment door. If it is a Magic Mouse 2, it is rechargeable, and you use the Lightning to USBA cable to charge it from the iMac, or an Apple charger that takes a USBA cable. The latter is how I recharge my Magic Mouse 2 overnight, though it only need a couple of hours to fully recharge.

Jul 17, 2020 7:33 AM in response to Blues-breaker

No, those are not the batteries that came with the mouse. If the batteries aren’t clearly marked as rechargeable then they most likely are not. Apple used to sell a battery charger with 6 included rechargeable batteries. You might look around eBay for one of those. Otherwise purchase a high quality set of rechargeable batteries and charger.

This is what the Apple charger looked like...

https://us.amazon.com/Apple-MC500LL-A-Battery-Charger-with-six-NiMH-batteries/dp/B003XIJ566

Wireless mighty mouse are the batteries rechargeable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.