You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes & Airplay issue

I am using Bluesound Node 2i to stream to my audio system. When I connect to it using airplay from my Macbook pro, as soon as I launch a browser, iTunes will launch by itself and play the first song in the library. Choice of browser does not matter. If I close iTunes it will open again as soon as I navigate in the browser. Extremely frustrating. Ideas anyone?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 3:27 PM

Hi Gregory MOW,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly when you're connected to a Bluesound Node 2i via AirPlay and you open a browser, the iTunes app will launch automatically and start playing the first song in the library. We see this behavior continues despite testing with different browsers and if you quit iTunes. We can see why you'd reach out about this; we'd like to help. We'd suggest starting with the steps below to isolate the behavior:

Start your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac. After the Mac completes starting up in safe mode, restart normally and test for the behavior.

If the behavior continues after starting in safe mode, test again for the issue in a new user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know what you find.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2020 3:27 PM in response to Gregory MOW

Hi Gregory MOW,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly when you're connected to a Bluesound Node 2i via AirPlay and you open a browser, the iTunes app will launch automatically and start playing the first song in the library. We see this behavior continues despite testing with different browsers and if you quit iTunes. We can see why you'd reach out about this; we'd like to help. We'd suggest starting with the steps below to isolate the behavior:

Start your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac. After the Mac completes starting up in safe mode, restart normally and test for the behavior.

If the behavior continues after starting in safe mode, test again for the issue in a new user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know what you find.

Best Regards.

iTunes & Airplay issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.