You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring my pictures to external hard drive

Hi! My iPhone is full with 6000+ pictures and videos. Too much I know! And I have to do something about it. I tried to connect my phone to my MacBook Pro but I could only reach the latest 1200 pictures. After some research I realized that the rest of my library is optimized to take less space on iCloud. To access this pictures I thought that I could turn off iCloud photos in my phone, but I get a warning that if I do so, my pictures will be deleted on the phone, but I can still reach them online.

So I thought I could just log into my computer, iCloud and then transfer all my pictures to my computer and then my external hard drive. But this is not working either! I don’t have enough space on my MacBook to store the pictures before transferring them to the hard drive. When I press the “download picture” button on iCloud, I can’t choose to download it to my hard drive, only MacBook. What am I supposed to doooo

English isn’t My first language so I’m sorry if I don’t make much sense! But please try and help me.😅

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 1:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 3:54 AM

I fixed it

Similar questions

1 reply

Transferring my pictures to external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.