You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and Amazon Prime APP

No longer able to stream Amazon Prime Videos via my AppleTV on big screen. (Works on iPad) Was told by Amazon tech it is an AppleTV APP issue. I need to uninstall and reinstall the Amazon Prime APP. I don't see any option on my generation AppleTV for this to happen. Any suggestions?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 3:01 PM

Which Apple TV do you own, Identify your Apple TV model? Amazon Prime works perfectly on my Apple TV 4K. If you do not have an Apple TV HD or 4K it does not have an App store, therefore you cannot add and remove apps. The 2nd and 3rd generation ATV's are hard coded. The most you can do is to ensure Apple TV OS is up-to-date and if the problem persists, do a hard restart (unplug from power for 2 minutes) and then plug it back in and test. If it still doesn't work, then you can try to reset it to factory condition per Apple TV Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings and then re set it up and then test.

If it still doesn't work, then it's time for a new Apple TV 4K which is kind of cool because if you buy one it will qualify you for a year of Apple TV + programming.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2020 3:01 PM in response to ClippedWings

Which Apple TV do you own, Identify your Apple TV model? Amazon Prime works perfectly on my Apple TV 4K. If you do not have an Apple TV HD or 4K it does not have an App store, therefore you cannot add and remove apps. The 2nd and 3rd generation ATV's are hard coded. The most you can do is to ensure Apple TV OS is up-to-date and if the problem persists, do a hard restart (unplug from power for 2 minutes) and then plug it back in and test. If it still doesn't work, then you can try to reset it to factory condition per Apple TV Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings and then re set it up and then test.

If it still doesn't work, then it's time for a new Apple TV 4K which is kind of cool because if you buy one it will qualify you for a year of Apple TV + programming.

Apple TV and Amazon Prime APP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.