You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing apple id in app store

Hello,

I have a macbook air from 2013. I have changed the user in my own name and i am logged on with my own account in the appstore. We have done a compet reset of the computer and i am the only admin. Butwhen i want to update the apps, i get the message that i have to give the password of the account of the former user. I can not change this emailadres in my own emailadres en the former user does not have this password anymore. Can someone help please?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 1:13 PM

8 replies

Jul 24, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Kautje

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Factory reset of your Mac - Apple Support

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the (Command-Option-Shift-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the target drive (out-dented entry w/type and size) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase button in Disk Utility's toolbar. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs, only if installing Mojave or Catalina ) or Mac OS Extended, (Journaled.)
  8. Provide a volume name, usually "Macintosh HD."
  9. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  10. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  11. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

This will restore the original version of macOS pre-installed at the factory.

Jul 24, 2020 7:59 PM in response to Kappy

I've translated my instructions into Dutch for you.

Internet / netwerkherstel van El Capitan of hoger op een schone schijf

1. Herstart de computer. Houd onmiddellijk bij of voor de bel de (Command-Option-Shift-R) -toetsen ingedrukt totdat er een wereldbol verschijnt.
  2. Het Utility-menu verschijnt binnen 5-20 minuten. Wees geduldig.
  3. Selecteer Schijfhulpprogramma en klik op de knop Doorgaan.
  4. Wanneer Schijfhulpprogramma wordt geladen, selecteert u het doelstation (verouderd item met type en grootte) in de zijlijst.
  5. Klik op de knop Wissen in de werkbalk van Schijfhulpprogramma. Een paneel zal naar beneden vallen.
  6. Stel het partitieschema in op GUID.
  7. Stel het formaattype in op APFS (SSD's, alleen bij installatie van Mojave of Catalina) of Mac OS Uitgebreid, (Journaled.)
  8. Geef een volumenaam op, meestal 'Macintosh HD'.
  9. Klik op de knop Toepassen en vervolgens op de knop Gereed wanneer deze wordt geactiveerd.
  10. Sluit Schijfhulpprogramma af en keer terug naar het menu Hulpprogramma.
  11. Selecteer OS X installeren en klik op de knop Doorgaan.

Hiermee wordt de oorspronkelijke versie van macOS hersteld die vooraf in de fabriek is geïnstalleerd.

Jul 24, 2020 1:56 PM in response to Kappy

thank you so much for your reply. I have anxiety and I started to panic. I will continue my question in Dutch if you don’t mind.

iemand had voor mij alles gereset op de MacBook Air en met mijn eigen Apple ID allerlei apps gedownload. daarna had ik thuis zelf catalina gedownload. Een dag later (vandaag) zag ik dat er zeven updates in mijn AppStore waren. Toen ik had geklikt op: werk alle apps bij, vroeg de AppStore dat ik het e-mailadres van de vorige user moest invoeren. Toen had ik geprobeerd om de computer uit te zetten en weer aan, en toen gaf de Apple store wel mijn eigen Apple ID aan, alleen een paar seconden later weer het Apple ID van de vorige user.

nu heb ik stap 1 gedaan de computer blijft nu al een tijd hangen op (zie foto). Is dit goed? Zit ik op de goede weg?

Jul 24, 2020 1:49 PM in response to Kautje

Read the two links before you do anything else. The instructions I posted only apply to the actual steps to do a clean Erase and Install as will be discussed in the included links.

I don't read or write Dutch but I know a little Deutsch and can stumble through or use a translator. Feel free to reply in your native language, if it helps. So far, Your English is very good.

Jul 25, 2020 12:42 AM in response to Kappy

Dear Kappy,

I couldnt enter mij wifi pasword because it kept scrolling.

What i did was instead of shut down, i enter in the apple logo, restart. And then i had to enter only command and R. Then it started to reset everything. This morning someone could me back from Apple Support (i am a real fool that did not know that i could call them and ask them for help) so what the problem was is that i had to many mac in touch in my selfhelp program. He reset everything and now evertyhing is working. I went to bad with anxiety and stress as i knew this was not worth it. But i want to thank you from the buttom of my heart, because your immediate reply helped me in a tremandous way. (may sound a bit dramatic, but i am someone who really needed that and you were there) so thank you again for everything.Glod bless you and i wish you a great weekend.

Love,

Kautar

Changing apple id in app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.