You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found an Lost Iphone 6

I have found an Iphone 6 64B and I want to return it to the owner and phone is Icloud Locked so how it would be possible for me to return it to the actual owner as I dont have any contact details ?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 6:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 7:11 AM

Even if Apple could pair up the serial number with the original owner, they will never give you that information. It would be a violation of federal privacy laws.

I don't know why you think the police wouldn't return it. If the phone matches the description of a lost item claim, they'll contact the owner that they have it.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2020 7:11 AM in response to ZohabUddin

Even if Apple could pair up the serial number with the original owner, they will never give you that information. It would be a violation of federal privacy laws.

I don't know why you think the police wouldn't return it. If the phone matches the description of a lost item claim, they'll contact the owner that they have it.

Found an Lost Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.