You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Setting up Applications and Profiles to multiple iPads at once

Hello, I work for a school district that uses iPads for students for at-school and remote learning. We've been using this free application from Apple called 'Apple Configurator 2' and we've been running into several problems with it:

• iPads cannot get profile installed correctly (we created ours so students cannot access the app store or certain Apple applications

• Some free applications cannot be installed on iPads due to an error, even with purchased licences.

I've seen the reviews for the 'Apple Configurator 2' and they are not good. What anyone know if Apple has a better solution to installing apps and profiles to multiple iPads at once or if there is an alternative application.

I would really appreciate a response,

Thank you!

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 1:41 PM

For devices that are not going to be easy to service (and really all devices issued by a business or school), you want an MDM. Mosyle, Jamf Pro, and Meraki are some popular ones. These integrate with Apple School Manager and ensure policies are enforced properly, and changes can be pushed remotely.

Are the applications "purchased" through the volume store on Apple School Manager?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2020 1:41 PM in response to MTCSApple

For devices that are not going to be easy to service (and really all devices issued by a business or school), you want an MDM. Mosyle, Jamf Pro, and Meraki are some popular ones. These integrate with Apple School Manager and ensure policies are enforced properly, and changes can be pushed remotely.

Are the applications "purchased" through the volume store on Apple School Manager?

Aug 13, 2020 4:14 AM in response to MTCSApple

The easiest and the best solution for the problem you mentioned is opting for an MDM. You can choose an iOS MDM that can help you out in provisioning of the iPads used in school with apps, adding content filter to block the non-education or age-inappropriate content etc. There are several MDM providers like Scalefusion, Meraki, Jamf but I recommend you choosing one tailor made for education because that means you won’t have to spend your time learning and getting around several functionalities that are not necessary for school use and more corporate use oriented.

Help Setting up Applications and Profiles to multiple iPads at once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.