You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music and I tunes Match

I purchased Apple Music and it said it came with I tunes Match. Sure enough I went to Match and it said I had it already, then I get emails saying not only was I charged the monthly music but the Yearly $27.99 for Match? I thought they came together and do I need both?

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 7:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 3:03 AM

Use the advice in See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support to review your active subscriptions. An Apple Music subscription includes the features of iTunes Match, so you don't need to subscribe to both services, but Apple don't have a mechanism to prevent you subscribing to both, not least because there needs to be a way for users to switch from one to the other. Contact Apple Support to discuss the possibility of a refund for the redundant subscription to iTunes Match.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2020 3:03 AM in response to maura210

Use the advice in See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support to review your active subscriptions. An Apple Music subscription includes the features of iTunes Match, so you don't need to subscribe to both services, but Apple don't have a mechanism to prevent you subscribing to both, not least because there needs to be a way for users to switch from one to the other. Contact Apple Support to discuss the possibility of a refund for the redundant subscription to iTunes Match.

tt2

Apple Music and I tunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.