You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share large Photos album with distant PC user?

How to share large Photos album with distant PC user? I can't email because it's a hundred pics. I can't AirDrop, I tried iCloud Photo Sharing but they said they never got any email about it. I don't want to post the pics to social media. What else is there?

Google Photos allows me to create a hyperlink to an album and then copy paste that into email or text message. Is there no way to do this on iMac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 12:27 PM

When you share photos via email and you're using the Apple Mail app on MacOS, it should automatically use something called Mail Drop to deliver the photos to the recipient. For a PC user, this will appear as thumbnails in the recipient's message. A download link at the top will last for 30 days and then it will expire. If clicked before they expire, the files can be downloaded from Apple's iCloud servers where they reside.

Note that when you send a message with a large number of photos that triggers the Mail Drop feature, you the sender don't see anything different and it may take a long time for the message to leave your outbox whilst the photos are uploaded to the iCloud servers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 12:27 PM in response to ScottAtlanta

When you share photos via email and you're using the Apple Mail app on MacOS, it should automatically use something called Mail Drop to deliver the photos to the recipient. For a PC user, this will appear as thumbnails in the recipient's message. A download link at the top will last for 30 days and then it will expire. If clicked before they expire, the files can be downloaded from Apple's iCloud servers where they reside.

Note that when you send a message with a large number of photos that triggers the Mail Drop feature, you the sender don't see anything different and it may take a long time for the message to leave your outbox whilst the photos are uploaded to the iCloud servers.

How to share large Photos album with distant PC user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.