You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting Up Kid profiles on my MacBook, restricting access to files in iCloud, Etc

Hi,

My kid turns 10 here shortly. She’s currently using my old MacBook under my user name. But I’d like to set up a system where she has her own password and user name. We want to be able to put her on our shared storage plan but without giving her (and her friends) access to sensitive medical stuff and other records. But we also want to be able to put limits on what she buys, how much time she spends online, be able to keep an eye out for questionable apps, Etc.

In short, we want to be able to see what’s she’s doing, give her a separate workspace, etc. without giving her reciprocal access to everything else that is on iCloud. Can someone help us in generating a list of steps to take?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 2:06 AM

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-kw/guide/mac-help/mchlc5595037/mac

1 reply

Setting Up Kid profiles on my MacBook, restricting access to files in iCloud, Etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.