You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outlook setup will not recognise my email address

Outlook setup using the add account option and choosing outlook asks for a Microsoft email address I use outlook

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 6:34 AM

13 replies

Aug 25, 2020 7:32 AM in response to ITgraceman

ITgraceman wrote:

Well that is obvious and not really helpful this all works fine on PC & Android system it all syncs easily it seems that there is a missing link in IOS. How do yopu getthe calendar in IOS to talk to the calendar in Outlook on PC.

What does the calendar have to do with your original question?

How about you take a step back and try accurately describing what you're trying to accomplish and what's wrong...

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question

Aug 25, 2020 7:18 AM in response to anonyme4321

Thanks that is where I am at the moment I was expecting Outlook on PC to sync with Outlook for IOS but for some reason I get emails but not calendar..

It was quite easy with android but for some reason IPhone has stumped me.

If I try the built in Outlook add account I get incorrect email address.

There just seems to be a missing link Ihave yetto find.

Aug 25, 2020 7:44 AM in response to KiltedTim

I am trying to use outlook a program I use on my PC but either the email adresss is no recognised in the native IOS system so cannot be set up or I get emails but no calendar using Outlook app for IOS.

I just want email & calendar that appear on my pc to appear on my new iphone 6.

It seems I cannot yet get both working at the same time.?

saying go to microsoft or emaill provider is a waste of time give me some clues as to why the calendar cannot be read from my PC or why the email address cannot be set up under the native system. ?

Aug 25, 2020 7:53 AM in response to ITgraceman

We don't know who your email provider is or how you have Outlook configured on your PC.

You need to be syncing the calendar in Outlook on your PC with your email provider, then set up that account in the iOS Outlook app to sync with the same server.

Nether your email provider, nor Outlook, are Apple products.

You have not provided any actual information that could be used to troubleshoot your problem.

Please READ the document I linked to above, then come back and actually describe the problem.

Aug 25, 2020 8:22 AM in response to KiltedTim

It seems that the inbuilt native calendar does not sync with anything the email system only uses certain addresses, and if anything is outside of apple you have to go elsewhere to try and solve the issue.

trying to use either outlook for ios or the inbuilt outlook.com that came with the iphone does not like to talk to the standard PC which I can get to talk to all sorts of devices except Iphone.

Whilst I have been testing this I find I can get emails I cannot get a calendar that will link with the Outlook calendar on my pc.

even if I use outlook for ios from the app store ?

outlook setup will not recognise my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.