You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ free year not working

I bought a new iPhone 11 Pro Max, and in the Settings app, it tells me I get a free year of Apple TV+, if I will click on the offer and accept it.

I did that, but when it transferred me to the Apple TV app, it only offered me a free week, and then wanted to charge me $4.99/mo. I accepted that in confusion, but then cancelled that subscription. I did get to see Apple TV+ programs for that one week, but not anymore. The app now tries to upsell me, at $4.99 a month.

I can click on the offer in my iPhone settings as much as I like, but it no longer offers me any free content -- just the upsell.

Has anyone else seen this? I would like this benefit of my phone purchase. How can I accept this offer?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 3:32 AM

Did you check this discussion about that?

Subscribed to AppleTV+ then bought new iPad; how can I get my free year of ATV+?

4 replies

Apple TV+ free year not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.